Thursday 17 November 2011

Irritated, opinionated and sharing with you all...


I am little miss opinionated right now....
and though I hope no one takes any offence it won't stop me from getting this all out
After seeing a Members Question, or rather vent on a parenting page. The flood gates of thoughts have been opened as wide as they possibly could be.

This is what was posted~~
My friend is 13weeks and it’s her first and is already complaining all over Facebook and to me that she already over her pregnancy and can’t wait for it to be over. I never been so angry till today. I said to her geez most people can’t even have what u got by carrying a child how can u be over it just starting. I had my daughter at 25weeks and I was a mess that I couldn’t reach 40weeks ladies that complain that there in pain annoy the crap out of me... Imagine what a premmie going through and the mother argh
~~

It opened the floods gate on both sides of the argument for me.
As with my first pregnancy with MissK and some of you might know already from my previous blogs, I suffered terribly with vomiting day in day out, having to be hospitalized to my memory 7 times to have them stop the vomiting for me and re-hydrate me.

It was an awfully scary time being I was only 50 kilos, I constantly feared losing weight that I could not afford to lose, I was frightened to the highest degree that because of all the vomiting my baby inside me wasn't getting enough of anything from me. My body was always sore and exhausted from the vomiting let alone the pregnancy and what that can do alone to one’s body!

Probably the biggest one,  it caused depression in me, I found I was crying a lot of the time and the rest of the time I was angry this was happening to me, I question constantly why me, I've seen others barely suffer at all and I would silently ask god, why am I suffering so much?
I like this lady the poster is venting over, complained a lot because it was something that helped and I truly believe if I hadn't I would have become more depressed keeping it inside.

Now on the other side of the argument
Yes I complain less this time around, because of having MissK premature at 32weeks, I do this time around appreciate it more, and pray with all my might every night before I go to sleep (and I am not even a religious person) that I can carry this baby to full term and that it won't be born premature.

BUT and it's a big but
I'M ONLY HUMAN
and pregnancy and all it contains is not all a joy, though I feel very fortunate I am not vomiting all day every day, I am experiencing other things that YES I have complained about, things I never experienced with the first pregnancy, things that frighten me at times and leave me wanting to have a bit of a whinge, cause guess what IT'S BETTER THEN KEPPING TI ALL LOCK AWAY INSIDE.
I learnt from having the mental/emotional breakdown, that keeping anything that makes you feel un-happy inside only gets worse if you don't let it out, it builds and builds until you finally crack and end up having 'a rest' in a mental ward of a hospital being even more frightened then you were in the first place!

So if having a little bit of a whinge = keeping myself sane, then I'm bloody well going to do it

When it comes to facebook, I have said and would always say, "don't like it, and then feel free to delete me as a friend, and don’t attack me for being human (not perfect)

Now the other thing to dwell on here that is very important is, some peoples opinion of women complaining when pregnant means they don't appreciate being able to bear a child...NOT TRUE... even in all my whinging with MissK YES I still appreciated being able to be pregnant and I did feel regret for those of us women who sadly cannot have children, but that fact alone will never change that a pregnancy is not all fun and games.

Another woman replied 'come on what woman hasn't complained a few times throughout their pregnancy' I sat back and thought right on sister!
I bet the women having the vent in the first place couldn't sit there and reply that she never once complained throughout her own pregnancy.  would know that's a lie in a heartbeat cause every single women/friend I have had in my life who's been pregnant has complained at one time or another.

So in finalizing It is ok to have a whinge and it does not mean you do not appreciate being able to be pregnant!
You might consider this my vent LOL, and if someone gets offended by it, I apologize now, but I do not apologize for having the mind I have and the right to be able to share my thoughts.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment