Friday 30 September 2011

A Day In The Life

I wonder sometimes going through the day and its activities, what others ‘days’ are like?
Today for instance after just finishing lunch our morning has contained-
Well for starters MrM is home on holidays, so yay to a bit more help round the house and with MissK ;)
So up, having brekkie and yes I admit, the TV is tuned into ABC2 for kids because I just cannot get MissK to sit still and eat her breakfast if it’s not on, Yes it’s on my bad parent 101 list LOL and I do not recommend it because of course if you want to not do it, you then have a screaming two and a half year old.
Facebook’s for a while and then I get the washing started, MrM and MissK hang it out while I vacuum the nightmare of food in and on the carpet (Thanks to MissK and her ability to not sit still).
I spot insane amounts of dust of things, and yes sometimes with my anxiety I can get a little obsessive about things and generally once I start I can’t stop until physically I have to. Today the dust got to me ended up vacuuming all the curtains and wiping down a tonne of surfaces/things.
MissK objected to coming back inside as she generally does so I took the reins and it was PAINTING TIME. After a messy experience and the lesson learned we now paint outside ;) MrM wanted to and went to object to having to sit down with her I just nicely said “come on you haven’t done this with her in ages”, he couldn’t really argue that one…
They ended out outside up until lunch-time still after all that time she wanted to chuck a tanty over having to come back inside, my girl would live outdoors if she could I reckon ;) I had to bribe her with a kinder surprise chocolate after lunch to get her in, of course it work, why wouldn’t it.
She barely sat to eat her sandwich, managing to get at our bed and leave some crumb / evidence.
This afternoon we’re off to my sisters for afternoon tea, play-date time with her 3 girls of twins just over 18months and nearly 4, MissK is in heaven everytime and couldn’t adore her Aunty,Uncle and cousins more. She mentions them the most out of anyone always asking when we’re going to visit. We’ll stay for dinner too, with me going to take on making the sweet and sour sauce but thankful Chef MrM will be in tow and ready to save the day if needed LOL.
So at the present moment I’m well typing this, MissK has been outside with Daddy jumping on her trampoline whilst he hangs out more washing and I hope she wears herself out that last little bit and has a nap, waking in happy rested mood for a big afternoon/night of family time :D

No comments:

Post a Comment